- It is formed by complete transfer of an electron from one atom to another.
- Two bonded atoms always dissimilar.
- It is usually formed between the metal and non-metal.
- Ionic compounds are soluble in the water.
- It is non-directional that is not represented by any line or arrow.
- It is formed by mutual sharing of electrons between two atoms.
- Two bonded atoms either similar or dissimilar.
- It is usually formed between non-metals.
- Covalent bonds are insoluble in water.
- It is directional bond and represented by the complete line.